As we age many of us have noticed this and it’s a big concern. We are solicited with all these miracle creams that claim they will help us. Since I too had this problem I decided to try and figure it out without spending a small fortune.
We have all seen expensive creams being sold for sale prices on QVC or HSN. Everyone wonders if they should try some. Many a night I almost bought this or that alleged remedy and some may actually help. I just wanted to learn more.
The first thing we need to do is consider what may be causing the problem.
- Limit the salt. Yes try to use as little as possible when you are preparing or eating food.
- Manage your allergies. Yes if you must, many over-the-counter products can actually dry up puffy eyes along with your runny nose or allergy symptoms.
- Some suggest using a Neti Pot. This is a small teapot like gizmo where it allows you to cleanse the nasal passages by pouring salted water into one nostril and it goes out the other. (P.S. I have not tried this – so no recommendation on this one.)
- Try sleeping on your back using more pillows to get comfortable. Side and stomach sleepers tend to have more fluid collect under the eyes.
- Women should always remove make-up before going to sleep.
- Limit consumption of excess alcoholic beverages they tend to dehydrate you and cause greater pouching under the eye.
- Protect your eyes from the sun and UV. This can increase both sagging and wrinkling around your eyes.
- Smoking is a “No” “No”. This can lead to increased sagging, wrinkled, or droopy eyes.
- If you have swollen eyes cool them down with cold compresses, cucumber, or even chilled spoons.
- Try an eye cream and no it doesn’t have to break the bank. Physicians discourage the use of hemorrhoid cream as it may actually increase irritation around the eye.
This is where it gets interesting. I have tried expensive creams $50 to $100 dollars plus and believe it or not was not impressed with the amount of bang for the buck.
Low and behold I have read so many reviews that I am blue in the face and am happy that people left honest reviews alerting me to (putting in bluntly) rip-offs. I didn’t want to sign up for anything (auto-shipping) or supply my credit card to unknown sellers. I wanted to be able to get a refund if it didn’t work. Well I have to say that we have a BINGO. Believe it or not I have been using the following two products. The one (Vitamin C 20%, E, & Hyaluronic Acid) I apply to my entire face. I then apply Eye Gel (Plant stem cells, Matrixyl 3000, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptide complex, Vitamin E) under my eyes. Seriously I have noticed extreme improvement. Now it is important to understand that I am not employed or affiliated with the Company that makes these products. In addition I am not being compensated by the Company to write any of this. Here are the 2 products I purchased at Amazon.com.
My advise is to try these products and if they don’t help you Amazon.com has a great return policy. Truthfully you will be pleasantly surprised. I was.